Thursday 10 September 2009

First Class Only

This morning's train was 10 minutes late so this always means its even more overcrowded. I boarded on the border line between First Class and standard only to be immediately greeted by "do you have a first class ticket"......... the clear implication being I wasn't allowed to stand/sit outside the disabled toilet on the border line. I was further advised that I would need to stand the 'other side' of the bar....

This wasn't going to be a good look given how packed the bar area was so I casually moved and noticed an opening - it was a random storage area but no one had claimed it so it served the purpose....



I had some banter with the friendly lady working in the cafe-bar who explained that the Assistant Ticket Inspector was under orders to stop standard people going into the First Class arena - fair played he was just doing his job but some discretion might have been useful given that the train was late....

Anyhow to London I went...

after shooting a curry video podcast in the north I decided to have a curry on Brick Lane.

Got on the 9:48pm train home and sat opposite a nice south Colchester man - Jeff. A man of the forces, we talked for the whole way home - he thought I was a journo. I assumed he worked in Finance......

We both shared an outlook and desire for a good life.... we had some giggles. I return home to find the chickens still sleeping out under the stars.... good for them....

Muse on the red button wow - awesome....

No comments: