Monday 2 February 2009

Snow and Signal Failures

It started snowing in Colchester about 3pm yesterday I was digging a pathway in my garden doning my favourite Russian hat and sweating...

Serious snow fall over night and I awoke to the radio citing severe train problems. Joy. turns out trains from London to Kent weren't operating at all but to my amazement our Colchester trains weren't too bad.

I got on a delayed Clacton train, intentionally hadn't consumed any coffee and fell asleep. Only to be awoken by the man with the loudest voice in East Anglia, whom was determined to keep his employer updated with his movements whilst informing everyone on the train....

There was a signal issue along the way and a journey which would normally take 1 hour took over 2. Pretty views along the way mind you, even if I did half cook my ankle on the radiator....

No comments: