Wednesday 21 January 2009

I could have slept in....

Today's assigned was with Karl McCartney of the Sir Keith Park campaign..... I landed (via a national Express delay) at Liverpool street by 07:00 pumped up with some very tasty Rwandan Arabica (unable to sleep on the train to London due to compulsive blackberry actions).

Hung around Tower 42 (Howard and I once got kicked out of the Champagne bar as I was wearing an Ipswich Town T shirt) and took some snaps. Karl was delayed from Lincoln (again National Express trains) so we were cutting it fine to make a 08:15 train from Waterloo to Andover (Hampshire). Karl dispatched his colleague to get breakfast while we boarded a train, sadly she missed it so we bailed out at Clapham Junction to wait for her train to pass through. And pass It did, only it wasn't scheduled to stop. The party divided Karl and I then faced the news that there were cancellations all over the show. My hands were colder than the time I woke up asleep on Bergholt road with Ross Dorwood (post high school drinking summer 1998) and the anticipation of a train arriving turned to frustration....

Eventually we landed and had a great day meeting the artist behind the Sir Keith Park campaign Bronze statue. Our mission completed we had lunch, sampled some local ales and then headed back to the big smoke. I managed to avoid multiple tube changes by sticking on the jubilee line to stratford, sadly it was 16:30 and the intense rush to get out of London had begun. Some idiot clipped my tripod as I walked on Waterloo's concourse and thought it was my fault he had walked into me and potentially damaged the head of my tool. He 'grunted' at me despite me moral high ground "oh I'm sorry" line. Oh well.

No comments: