Monday 23 June 2008

Monday 23rd June 2008

PM

20:00 So close to arriving back in Colchester but then train is suspiciously static for a few moments. We are then advised there is a points failure at Colchester and that ‘engineers are working as fast as possible’ – joy.

20:15 A very courteous announcement that the points have been “plumped” and once the two trains in front of us, and the station, have cleared we will be on our way.
So despite living 4 minutes walk away from Colchester North train station I probably won’t be consuming any food this evening until atleast 9pm. Good job I enjoying fish finger sarnies and a glass of red for lunch.

20:35 I spoke to soon, we are still static, some banter breaks out with some fellow passengers who are also sitting on the floor. One lady advises me how she claimed back £600 last year in delay repay compensation and that the standard of service was no different last year. We amuse how a freight train just cruised past - one gent noting that it was more important than us.

AM
Narrowly missing the 07:15 I held out for the 07:30 with the view I may be in with a chance to getting a seat….. this wasn’t the case along and with seven other passengers the cold floor in between two carriages was the place for me.
08:05 I think we are in Shenfield, there has been an announcement that a broken down train between Shenfield and Brentwood is causing delays.
08:15 we are on the move again.

No comments: