Friday 27 June 2008

Friday 27th June 2008

AM

Interestingly the 07:37 train was quite empty, although with good reason, as we stopped just before Witham for about 10 minutes to allow the 07:45 "fast" (yea right) train to charge past us.

Two young ladies of the blonde variety boarded at Chelmsford.  They were initially quite load and concerned over which side of the train to sit on to avoid bright sunlight.  There was also a fascinating conversation over the challenge of applying make up on moving trains and not doing a "bridget".

For the first 10 minutes I was just about able to concentrate on reading my book, Black Gold, however as I hit the pages about Napoleon and his coffee consumption habits I became intolerably distracted so I gave up and scribbled this....

"did xxx go out last night" - self note I've always loved the term 'going out', I don't know about you but I've been leaving my house (going out) pretty much since the day I was born.... I digress, the conversation develops "he said, she said"......"is xxxx going to Ibiza"..... and my favourite "do you think she's annoyed coz she ain't gonna be a bridesmaid". Class or rather 'standard class'.




1 comment:

Sam said...

Class or rather 'standard class'... LOL.