Monday 3 January 2011

reflection, 2011 and the 'little things'

During some moments of reflection I cut (a little raw) reel showing the sorts of folks I've been working with in recent years:



and at the agency where I often work we created a quick homage to Band Aid for Christmas fun:

http://www.linkto.tv/iframe/show/uuid/eqHhxIJMyzc

One of my final journeys from London back to Britain's First City in 2010 saw the classic situation of walking to the station's south exit to find that it is locked up. This only adds a few minutes to the evening's journey but when its freezing and you want the warmth of your villa its frustrating and having experienced it many times I took things into my own hands. I found some police style incident tape and 'roped' off the exit myself so that the next batch of late night, no doubt, McDonalds fueled commuters wouldn't suffer the same - sometimes its the little things:



I've resolved to try enjoy the little (simple) things in life a little more this year. Much more gardening and the influence of the bees will no doubt force a level of patience and care unheard of in my usual application of life. A return of chickens (following a visit from Mr Fox) is on the cards as well as the potential introduction of two relatives of tigers TBC.

I'm really excited about 2011. I, like our great leader, believe Britain has much to be optimistic about. In fact it was over a Suffolk ale the other night a friend mentioned that we should seek a return to the days of Empire - perhaps easier said than done but its this sort of ambition which we need now more than ever.

Work wise there won't be much going on for me until February so I think some trips to the gym, running and the fact that Thomas Charles Whitman has left two 1210s, a mixer and about 18000 hours worth of vinyl in my dining room might keep my entertained.

Rumours abound over possible weddings this year, with trips to Devon and Malaysia (possibly even Nam) almost confirmed. There will also be a few visits to my the great city of Lincoln - for I have a leaking filling which needs attention. I also hope that there can be trips to see Marina and the Diamonds, GaGa and Muse.

No comments: