Saturday 15 January 2011

New Prices, New Time Tables & Boris Bikes

So the cost of a weekly ticket to London is now £103.50 - just under a 6% increase. This is far from ideal considering the eternally disappointing experiences on the train.

I've yet to fully comprehend the new time table but already I know I miss the cheeky 07:45 intercity train on a Friday - which was a rare opportunity for a seat on a train from Colchester.

Last night I traveled on the 23:02 to Ipswich which was so madly busy until we got to Shenfield:



The only comfort was 6 chicken nuggets provided by Maconalds and financed by a colleague and friend Dan Humphries.

Prior to the packed train journey we had traveled from Clerkenwell to Liverpool St via a Boris Bike. A truly wonderful way to travel around. I've only been an active user for two weeks but am a huge fan, although I did fall off last night - lessons learnt :)

No comments: