Tuesday 29 December 2009

A snoring women and carnage at Stratford

My return to London after the Christmas festivities kicked off fantastically with the 07:30 train doors not working so we all had to leave the train and get on a later one.

I was lucky to get a seat but it was almost as if someone was playing a prank on me - I swear I've never heard anyone, let alone a women, snoring like a monster. It was outrageously loud and 'it' was right in my face. There was some eye contact with fellow commuters and a couple even relocated away from the noise. I was impressed with my seat tho and proceeded to read my book about the Roman invasion of Britain.

The train stopped at Chelmsford by which time people were standing, there was a minor verbal altercation between a rude thirty something who was unhappy at the speed by which a gent had not moved down the down to enable him to get sufficient standing space. I could hear moaning about the standing conditions but I was one of the lucky seated ones.

On arrival at Stratford (and we've been here before) there were crazy numbers of people on the platform. I must have moved about ten feet in ten minutes. Punishing and I was already 'late'. Eventually I got on the second central line train which passed and found my way to Barbican. The return journey also involved congestion on the platform. Not ideal.

No comments: