Tuesday 15 July 2008

Tuesday 15th July 2008-A JOURNEY OF SWEAT

Getting into work was painless this morning. Obviously I had a seat next to the toilet door (on the floor) but could be worse.

This evening wasn't so smooth. The 19:00 train had a late boarding time, an engineer was inspecting the train, in the end we were allowed to board a train on platform 9 at one minute to seven. Departing six minutes late I was sitting with my face towards London next to a chap who sheepishly was tucking into a burger king. The sun was beating my face with all its power, my shades were on but nothing could stop the sweat dripping into my ears. I became rather self-conscious and it prevented me from nodding off. The only good thing was that my shades were so steamed up I couldn't see people's reactions to my state. Man I hate humid Britain conditions at times. Its a skanky heat and not even my organic socks and 100% cotton boxers could cope....

The train wasn't moving very fast and stopped for nearly ten minutes just past Witham as there was a report of a "burning smell" (we were advised over the tannoy). Excellent stuff - convo broke out with my neighbour, nice chap from the IPCC living in Ipswich.

Arrived at Ipswich at 8:42pm noting en route, with my neighbour, how special the Dedham Vale is - albeit for the slightly strange collection of transitional residents 'living' in the field at Manningtree station.

No comments: